Music Banter - View Single Post - Eminem
Thread: Eminem
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Well I finally got around to listening to "Relapse" and I don't want to hate it, but it really didn't have a profound effect on me like "The Eminem Show" or "Encore" did. It wasn't bad, but I think the reason why his earlier ones did was because they were really the only hip hop albums that I had and since 2004 I've really expanded my hip hop collection and knowledge. I'll have to give it another listen through headphones before I can really give a full review, I did like the songs Underground, Beautiful, Deja Vu, and Must Be The Ganja though.

Edit:

I listened to "Encore" last night after "Relapse" and it really started to make sense to me. "Relapse" was the continuation of "Encore" which had far more in the way of "joke songs" on it than "The Eminem Show" did. After I came to that realization, the album really began to make sense to me, I listened to "Relapse" expecting it to be like "The Eminem Show" and what I thought "Encore" was like. After listening to "Relapse" again in the same mind set that I use to listen to "Encore" I really enjoyed the album.

Last edited by LoathsomePete; 06-21-2009 at 10:36 AM.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote