Music Banter - View Single Post - Physical discipline against children .. okay or not?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #266 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

I think a child's intuition is much stronger than the average adult's. When an adult gets mad at a child, the premium reaction, I think everyone would agree, would be to practice patience and tolerance, for even though the child might be extremely annoying, we know it is not meant to harm us.

With that said, adults don't always react in this manner; maybe they have a lot of stress from work or what have you. The adult becomes angry and resorts to spanking the child. It's just not the strongest reaction a person can have, that doesn't mean it's bad. It would be better for that annoyed adult, I think to take out their anger by spanking the child (it's really all they know how to do) than to harbor anger or a grudge against the child, and let it explode out later in a much worse way. Back to my original point, when an adult gets out their belt, I think the child understands on a very deep level, that the adult is taking the weaker of those 2 reactions, but it's all they really know how to do. My 2 cents.