Music Banter - View Single Post - Good to Bad?
Thread: Good to Bad?
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
aside from the fact that "lies" came out after "appetite for destruction", and was hugely successful (you might have heard a little ditty called 'patience')

on top of that it could easily be argued that combining "use your illusions" (which is way easier in the age of digital music) into one album's worth of material would result in another great album.

after all that (and the millions of sales those 4 albums collected) yeah they went to sh!t with "the spaghetti incident", although i'm pretty sure "chinese democracy" would have been successful and received positively had it been released 10 years ago.

i'm just razzing you

or maybe i'm missing the point of the thread, every band goes to crap eventually. i thought this was about bands that released 1 great debut album then never came close again.
yeah, i knew that, but i didn't mean their first album was followed by abject failiure. just that, like you said, they had many good releases, but they went to crap eventually.

as for the point of this thread, i see it as bands who do have multiple good releases, (i.e. Gun's N Roses), but then fail to live up to that again

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote