Music Banter - View Single Post - Urban's Journal Of Half Assed Ideas
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #16 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

No Age - Nouns (Supplimental)

I think on reflection I may have been way to easy on this album yesterday.
I was trying to rack my brains to think of an analogy to explain just what I feel about this band. To me they are the indie Sugarbabes or the indie Atomic Kitten.
You know how you get these girls who when they are growing up want to be in pop bands. Singing in front of mirrors with hairbrushes to ABBA songs. They don't really have any interest in music they just want to do that. Well that's No Age , there's no difference. They're not artists, they're just posers with guitars.

Just like one of those pop singers will rattle off the same old names when talking about the pop they grew up on, you just know that No Age would do exactly the same thing if asked. Where as with the pop stars you'll get Jackson , Madonna , ABBA ....and so on. You just know that No Age would do exactly the same... VU , Psychocandy , Slanted & Enchanted .... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Every safe indie cliche basically which is what their album is.

So the next time you're picking up an album from the latest trend just imagine that you're buying an Atomic Kitten album instead, I mean you may as well be.

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote