Music Banter - View Single Post - How Real Is Christianity?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 01:52 PM   #702 (permalink)
Miltamec Soundsquinaez
Aural melody discerner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsa View Post
It is amusing that Christians claim that the bible or parts of it are metaphorical when it suits them. The bible wasn't written as a metaphor. It was written as the law of Moses. The new testament is supposed to be an account of the teachings of Jesus. there is no historical proof that Jesus ever existed. The Romans were meticulous record keepers. All documents that claimed Jesus' existence have been proven to be fraudulent. One carbon dated to somewhere around year 1000. Claiming something as a law and then changing your mind and calling it a metaphor when society starts coming around and sees it as barbaric is just a way to keep the religion alive. A lot of money is tide up in Judaism and Christianity. If you truly are a believer who are you to dispute the words of your god? Some would call it a blasphemy.
This is something I think everyone should know, or at least be open to its possibility. You're right; there was no historical record of Jesus until at least 100 years after his birth, and well known writers of the area during the days of 'Jesus' have never mentioned him in their writings. With that said, people can take Jesus metaphorically, and try to mimic his characters' actions, because he was a pretty cool guy. Oh yeah, also, I wouldn't go around telling Christians this, because it will only lead to arguing. It's best to let people find this stuff on their own.

I agree with you Inuzuka that 'unconditional love' doesn't really exist between humans. Even a mother loves her kids under the condition that 'they are her kids.' Before they were reincarnated as her kids, they might have been some old man living 500 miles away that she never met, and never cared about. She didn't love them then. However, the universe unconditionally loves every living and nonliving thing. If you do terrible things, at the end of this life, you'll die, and many years later be reincarnated and have a chance to relearn your lessons that you failed to grasp in your previous life. The universe loves unconditionally, people-not so much