Music Banter - View Single Post - Where do you buy your music?
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
music_phantom13
Music Addict

I like:

Record & Tape Exchange - used vinyl and c.d. store tucked into the back corner of a strip mall near me. They have a huge collection of 60's and 70's type rock stuff, and usually a few good indie, alternative and post punk records. It's really just all about luck at this place.

Smash! Records - When I get to D.C., I always stop here if I can manage time. They have a bunch of used punk and alternative records, and get the new stuff right away. There are some other good spots in D.C. too.

Besides that, I go to used book stores to find c.d.s, F.Y.E. when I want some new or specific stuff on c.d., and there's a few hidden spots around like thrift stores and random places that sometimes have records behind the counter that are worth looking through. Other than that, ebay can be good for cheap vinyl if you're lucky, amazon, and label websites to order new stuff that I can't find at stores. There's just something magical about going into a record store, browsing through all the vinyl, talking to the staff about music, and listening to stuff you've never heard with the people working there.
music_phantom13 is offline   Reply With Quote