Music Banter - View Single Post - Let's collaborate - write & record together, only separately!
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default Lovely shared song concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by brykupono View Post
I would love to be part of this! I'm a vocalist that pretends to play guitar. Youtube username is lamp118 if you want to hear some stuff. I've been doing this with a few bands over the years... where I record vocals to their instrumental tracks. My brother is an amazing pianist also and would probably be interested.
Hi, Cavanherk, Kool Dude HaMer, and Brykupono,
I love your shared song creation concept, and I'd also very much like to be involved, except as a new songwriter/musician/singer (except an old violin player...maybe that might be useful!) I am not sure how much I'd feel I have to contribute right now as I work on improving my skills. However, I very much support you all and the teamwork it takes to try to organize this.

I am thinking what options you might have for posting files. Could you create a MySpace page or Youtube page or AcidPlanet page with a password that those involved share? Perhaps people could contact Cavanherk to get the password, so that they could upload music? The downside is that if there were anyone who wanted to be destructive, that person might wipe out the whole page. MySpace has a limit of 10 songs that can be posted at a time, I think, which is another issue with this possibility.

Brykupono, I listened to "Saving all my Somedays" on youtube. You have a beautiful, honest voice. The song is heartfelt and emotional...very sweet and caring, with a lovely sentiment...and your guitar playing was also nice (definitely more than pretending)!

One issue that will be interesting to resolve is whether you can agree on the style of song, or whether that matters. For example, if one person likes trance and the other likes country, will you end up with a country trance song, and will that be part of the fun of it, or will you try to coordinate and agree in advance what sort of song you want to make?

--Erica
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote