Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #44 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

The only economic system we currently have that respects the individual's pursuit of his own happiness is capitalism. That is why I like it.

When you take away property rights the individual cannot see the most objective value of his work. In other words, the output of man's work is screwed around with to the point where man doesn't know his work's worth. That is not good for the individual.

Property rights and personal responsibility go hand in hand. When society says that everyone must rely on everyone else it is lying. It is telling you a false statement about humanity. The fact that we have free will is undeniable. We cannot escape our responsibility for ourselves. The society that takes away property rights attempts to, but it will never work. It will never get to the point where a man does not have to fend for himself.

Lastly, I view any attempt to distribute the wealth as materialist. The idea that one cannot succeed in a capitalist economy is false. That is because succeeding in life has nothing to do with money. Might it make life easier with money? Maybe. Will it help one achieve happiness. Never.

P.S. I know I am jumping in at a horrible time.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote