Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 04:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
What gives you a right to anything? The fact that we all need property rights to pursue our own happiness is what gives us the right. Ultimately nothing gives anything rights. The government protects "rights," so that might relate to the question your asking. There are no "human rights" or any of that stuff. Where do they come from?

What is rational in the pursuit of man's own happiness is what makes it a right. It all starts with the base right, that man may have a right to his own life. If that right is crossed, then no one on either side will experience happiness. It is a social contract.

So all "rights" stem from this right to life. Anything that infringes on man living his own life is not a right. Of course, there is a hierarchy. There are some things that we consider rights that infringe on other so called "rights." Some rights are more important than others. That is why one needs a hierarchy.
But you owning property infringes on my right to own property and therefore my own pursuit of happiness no? So doesn't that mean property rights are something only attainable to the people on a certain level of that hierarchy and up? Which would mean that they're better than those below - creating classes. Which means that those with, the upper class, can oppress those without, the lower class. How can the lower class pursue their own happiness then when the upper class has created monopolies, slave wages, and given them the whole laissez-faire package?
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote