Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 AM   #67 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

It's great when someone gets it. I hope I'm not misrepresenting anyone's view here but Tore you put it perfectly in the third paragraph.

That's exactly how I feel and how I believe Ethan and those of a similar viewpoint feel.

I trust the individual more then the government. If American government was as efficient and productive with tax revenue as Scandinavian government I'd be likely to buy into to the concept of larger government. However I've watched a consistent downward trend in that era during my lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toretorden View Post
Of course another problem with capitalism and democracy that I also could have mentioned is that with the inequity of wealth and the formation of extreme class differences in society, you create a nation which is run by the upper crust - people who can't relate to the everyday life of the lower classes of which they govern. Then you have a government in which the interests of all the nations people are not represented, at least not by the right numbers.

The ideal classless social democracy society would not have this problem of course.
Small exception with this. Obviously we don't not have an ideal democratic society going here, but I still believe it's possible to overcome our inadequacies and thrive within this system. As I conceded to Ethan, there is no denying the class system and the lack of relate-ability between politicians and the working middle\lower-middle class. However I certainly don't think the interests of the lower class are neglected, it's more difficult to move up then it is to stay up, but there are numerous avenues for a responsible hard working and skilled individual to achieve higher finical class status while maintaining the perspective and identity they've always had.

When a nation is comprised of some many people spread out so far from so many different ethnic, religious and ancestral backgrounds I don't know that it's possible to create and ideal situation for everyone. So my feeling has always been lets work from common ground. Reduce as many restrictions as we can that divide people, and impose as few prerequisites on people as is necessary. The less invasive a government is the less it alienates it's people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote