Music Banter - View Single Post - Some Animals Are More Equal Than Others but Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others...
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 12:38 PM   #82 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy jack View Post
Learn American history. We've had welfare since Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Thomas Jefferson, you know that obscure politician from Virginia, advocated a progressive tax system. I'm not even going to argue these kind of points with you since you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. The economic downturn was caused by Welfare? Give me a break. I'm also not going to bother with your sweeping generalizations about all classes because they're inaccurate. Did you know families in the lower class have to have two incomes to stay afloat - and they're still in the lower class? But how can that be if most don't work!?

I've already stated somewhere in here that I believe in democracy and democracy is where the policies and institutions of society are under popular rule. Capitalism is a system where the institutions, and by extensions the policies since they can buy out much of the political system, are under control of the few, the Marxist bourgeois of the corporate elites and war profiteers and so on. That's why early I described extreme capitalism as fascist, because it is. It creates monopolies and treats the under classes like crap, miring them where they are with poor education and poor wages. I think classes are by their very nature undemocratic and evil and create a society of extreme inequity where one is in poverty and the other is completely materialistic.

By having a taxation system that favors the rich you're only making that class difference more extreme. A progressive tax would make that extreme difference more minimal and also ensure that a society's wealth would benefit the society, as opposed to a handful at the top. But it's that amoral system which you argue so strongly for. The one that gave people slavery and ensures some people are going to die because they can't afford to live.
I completely agree we need a change with the system. I'm not happy with the way things are being run right now either. Any system is subject to human flaw. That's my arguement, how is this system going to change the fact that your corporations are 'facist' and greedy? How are you going to convince people that this system is any better than the one we have? How long will it work before it fails?

You seem pretty dead set on your approach, and as usual are being very pretentious and non-receptive of other peoples views, I've come to expect nothing more from you. You know where I stand, I think we should be more concerned with fixing the systems already in place rather than jumping ship for something we don't know that will work. Slavery also has nothing to do with capitalism or democracy, so why even mention it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote