Music Banter - View Single Post - Need help
Thread: Need help
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 01:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
Bright F*cking Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by asif View Post
I'm using a dean dave mustaine signature vmntx guitar. i want replacing my pck ups and tone and volume pots. but i'm not sure what i've to do. i've selected seymour duncan sh-13 dimebucker for bridge position. I've selected severel pick up for neck position like seymour duncan parley gates, dimarzio d activator-x and gibson 494R hot ceramic pickup. I don't know which one is best for neck position. please help me with your suggestions. I also want to change my tone and volume pots. I've learnt that their are 2 kinds of pots. one is liner and another is audio. But I've no idea which one is installed in my guitar. I've selected dimarzio 1meg custom pots for volume and tones. Will it work for both tone and volume? pls help me. I hardly need it.
Unless you are switching to active electronics (which by your list of pickups I can tell that you are not) you don't necessarily need to change the potentiometers unless you've got a cheap guitar with shitty electronics.

Unless you're good with a soldering iron (and based on the lack of correct spelling and grammar with which you post, I'm going to infer that you are relatively young and have probably never used one) I would buy all of the components and take them and your guitar to the local guitar shop and have them do the work.
My ego's like my stomach- it keeps shitting what I feed it.
But maybe I don't want to finish anything anymore..
maybe I can wait in bed 'til she comes home. and whispers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Remember kids: It's only real metal if the vocalist sounds like he's vomiting up a fetus. \m/
PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe is offline   Reply With Quote