Music Banter - View Single Post - You like music? Hey me too!
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
FaSho
____

MY JUNE TOP 10
According to iTunes, I've added 691 songs to my library this month. That's a lot. Here's The 10 best albums I heard for the first time this month:
10.Take To The Skies(2007)-Enter Shikari-B
9.Life In Cartoon Motion(2007)-Mika-B+
8.Ignoto(2005)-Yourecodenameis:milo-B+
7.Pink(2005)-Boris-B+
6.Jet Set Radio Future(2003)-Compilation-A-

5.Manners(2009)-Passion Pit

Thanks to adidasss, I received this great electronicy album. It's that kind of indie pop dance music that's becoming so popular, but they have a very distinct sound, comparable to bands like Starf*cker and MGMT. The album starts off very strong. With two of the three top songs on the album, being the first two. It then veers off in a slightly more melodic direction with tracks like The Reeling and To Kingdom Come, which didn't really impress me much, especially the former. The album then take's another turn the more serious-toned Folds In Your Hands, which really showcases how vulnerable this group's sound can really be, and is lyrically one of the best songs on the album. It then precedes to pick back up in the dance pop that I expected the whole album to be. I definitely underestimated the sensitivity of the album, and expected just great indie pop. It fulfills, and completely surpasses that expectation. Thanks adidass.
Top Tracks:Little Secrets, Folds In Your Hands, Sleepyhead
Overall grade:A-

Last edited by FaSho; 06-27-2009 at 10:07 AM.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote