Music Banter - View Single Post - Bulldog's Armchair Guide To Elvis Costello
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 05:51 PM   #98 (permalink)
Mirrorball95
From Hank To Hendrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog View Post
Just so you all know, the review of the new album's going up tonight, if not tomorrow.

Sounds like it was never meant to be!

A lot of people I know can't get past the voice, so I get that all the time from various non-fans. It's the same kind of result you'll get from some people if you try and introduce them to Dylan, the Fall, Scott Walker or anyone else who has a very distinct vocal style. You probably won't read this 'til your ban's expired, but if you're up for giving him another chance, Pump It Up is from his This Year's Model album (there's a review of it anda few videos on the first page of this thread) and has a lot of similar-sounding songs on it, so I'd recommend giving that a go at the very least.
Yeah man with your Reebok addiction to feed and all, whered you get the money? Yeah well usually I can get used to most voices after a while, I just cant stand his voice TBH bar a couple of tracks.
Funny you say that about the 'This Year's Model' album, I had that on my amazon wish list to buy if I liked the 'Best Of The First 10 Years' comp, which i didnt. I might download it and give it a listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJamJah View Post
Watch what happens when we change just a three little words (by my doorstep)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirrorball95Doppelganger
Yeah if I could get a big one, say from Neil Young or something, id stick it in. I'd just get sick.
Mirrorball95 is offline   Reply With Quote