Music Banter - View Single Post - Alexisonfire : Old Crows/Young Cardinals
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 AM   #20 (permalink)
ChiliColdBlood
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
Speaking of vocals, I think their vocal arrangement is excellent on this album, George finally is singing!
Finally! I see a ton of people online bitching about George's vocals on the album. Yeah, maybe the change was predicated by him wrecking his voice with all the screaming, but I really like what he's done on this album. A bit shocking at first, but I've given this multiple listens. It works.

I'm the first one to vote "Excellent". I think it's an improvement on Crisis, and Crisis itself was a pretty solid album. To me, my favourite album will always be the first, but these guys were only 18-19 when those songs were written. It's unfair to expect them to keep writing the same kind of post-hardcore stuff they were into back then. They've still got the energy and they've improved their song-writing many times over since those days, IMO.

"The Northern" is the standout track for me, but I think it's quite a consistent album. No stinkers, really. And despite the fact that I've been listening to "Young Cardinals" for weeks now, it keeps growing on me.