Music Banter - View Single Post - Beyonce Knowles
Thread: Beyonce Knowles
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2009, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

I think she’s a good singer, but I have to say I feel the exact opposite of you as far as her career progression. I enjoyed her music much more when she was with Destiny’s Child, and feel like her solo career started out strong, but her music has gradually become tedious and annoying, in my humble opinion anyway. I think some artists reach a point in their careers when they stop trying so hard because they know they are so popular that people will buy whatever they put out, and I feel like she has reached that point. But in all fairness I haven’t delved into any of her albums and only hear what they play on TV and the radio, so I could be missing some hidden jem I suppose.

She does hail from Houston, Texas, my hometown. I happened to be eating at the same restaurant as her a year or so ago when she was in town during the holidays. Jay Z was there too. Sitting out in the general seating area with the rest of the patrons, with only one guy guarding the table. For some reason I would have thought they’d have swarms of body guards surrounding them. Didn’t talk to them (as I didn’t really have any interest to, and I would never think to bother someone having a meal with their family), but watched as person after person tried to get to their table only to be turned away. Made me realize though how much it must suck to be a celebrity sometimes…you can’t even have a meal without people harassing you.