Music Banter - View Single Post - Beyonce Knowles
Thread: Beyonce Knowles
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouchois View Post
She bugs the hell out of me lately.
Changing her name to "Sasha Fierce" is just the beginning. She knows she's hot and it seems that's all she's focusing on. now.

Ugh. She just isn't right to me.
Isn't Sasha Fierce supposed to be her attempt at a concept type of album where she focuses on her alter ego which is the more cockier sexually confident side. Idk I haven't listened to the album in full but that's just what I gathered from some of the singles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
I think she’s a good singer, but I have to say I feel the exact opposite of you as far as her career progression. I enjoyed her music much more when she was with Destiny’s Child, and feel like her solo career started out strong, but her music has gradually become tedious and annoying, in my humble opinion anyway. I think some artists reach a point in their careers when they stop trying so hard because they know they are so popular that people will buy whatever they put out, and I feel like she has reached that point. But in all fairness I haven’t delved into any of her albums and only hear what they play on TV and the radio, so I could be missing some hidden jem I suppose.
Your main problem with her solo albums is that you have only heard the material that is played on the TV and the Radio.
I don't recall if B-Day was her first solo or not but that one was the best imo. She took the idea from her bf Jay to have a live band back her vocals for an entire album but instead she decided to make it an all female band and that's why I love the track "Deja Vu" so much. I agree with Vanilla that her solo material is so much better than with Destinys Child.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote