Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite movies of all time
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 03:08 AM   #46 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Top faves:

1. Night Of The Living Dead (color version)
The only reason I liked it more than the original black & white is because of Tony Todd, and the makeup. (certainly not the acting) The original scared me first, but the color version got to me when I was able to assimilate it and in perfect timing. I still watch that movie on almost a weekly basis. It still scares me.

2. The Devils' Advocate
I can watch it repeatedly in the same day. I love Al Pachino with a passion, and coupled with my own disdain for god in general, plus the dialogue and delivery Pachino puts down just rivets me.

3. Rosemary's Baby
Easily my favorite subconsciously unnerving motion picture work of art on a theatrical level.

4. Jacob's Ladder
Single-handedly the most psychologically disturbing film in my opinion, but extremely vague, yet full of imagery. I understand the film, yet I don't. It challenges me in so many ways and every time I watch it, it somehow blesses me and curses me at the same time. It's the only film I've watched that has ever done that.

5. Lost Highway
My favorite Lynch film. Stylish in my kinda way, edgy, pushes my buttons. That movie gets under my skin in a way that leaves marks.

Honorable mentions:

The Jacket
Fido
25th Hour
The Nines
Smokin' Aces
Johnny Q
Inside Man