Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Journey to Becoming a Guitarist
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 07:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam-Y View Post
2. I could be bored because I'm worrying too much about being good rather than enjoying it.
no offense intended but based on just about everything else you've posted on this site i think this is it.

your first instruments thread was pretty much a big whine about not getting enough attention/appreciation as a drummer from your peers. do you actually want to play the guitar or are you just trying to get a little piece of the attention you think the other guys in your band were getting?

again i don't mean to be insulting or anything, it's just how you come across in your posts. it's like you're looking for someone to answer a question only you can figure out - why do you want to play music? what is music to you?

i had been playing guitar for over 7 years before i ever felt comfortable calling myself a musician. took me a few more years after that to finally be able to define what i call music in a way that the people i jam with could understand (and either get in line or get out of the way). there's no quick answer that someone is just going to type out and put everything in its right place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote