Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Linkin Park
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 02:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
DJ_Jester
Forum Fool

I love LP. No matter what anyone says, I think that they have a style all their own. Over produced, stagnant, whatever the other thoughts were, I still think it's an original sound. And if they aren't anymore, I would think they started a new direction for music. Mixing in a DJ, rapping, vocals, plus the visuals of both their albums and concerts. I can see the opinion that a lot of their songs are the same, but if you like the sound I think that's a good thing in a way. It's also been said, and not in this thread which surprises me, they they are pretty commercialized, mainstream... sellout type of comments. I just think they have a sound that mass amount of people can get into... some smaller doses than others but it's a good sound. Plus I would gladly argue with someone over how commercialized the band is after hearing Chester sing live. When he sings it sound really emotional. Music is an outlet and not a pay check. And I don't think it matters who produces you... if you are using music as a venue for creativity... you're golden in my book.
(All Times Eastern Standard)
DJ_Jester is offline   Reply With Quote