Music Banter - View Single Post - Operation Ivy Homophobes
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #43 (permalink)
Schredds
Special K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
I don't mean to make a drastic example, but if some guy in Germany just so happened to believe that Jews should be exterminated, and he went around exterminating them... would you care then?

The point I'm trying to make is that when a belief has the potential to create a dangerous situation for the targeted, which homophobic beliefs definitely have in the past.. tragically, then it's no longer a matter of freedom of belief.

I think that's the concept some of the posters were trying to get across.
There's a difference between a personal bias and a discrimination.
I totally understand what your saying, and Ive always had respect for you since Ive joined, I dont mean to rub anyone or you the wrong way with this comment, and Im sorry if it sounds blunt, but IMO, if something isnt directely affecting me, I dont care, the situation that happened in Germany is rediculous and wrong and what happened with homosexuals in the past is rediculous and wrong too, but it has absolutely nothing to do with me and has no affect on me whatsoever, I cant pretent to care or pay attention to something that isnt affecting me, I have enough going on in my life and enough problems of my own to worry about homosexuals or homophobes or hitler or jews, cant you understand that? I focus on my life and people that are close to me and anything other than that I couldnt care less about, I dont have time for all that stuff.
Schredds is offline   Reply With Quote