Music Banter - View Single Post - The Decline of The Daily Show
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 12:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Have any Daily Show fans recently turned on the show like i have? I used to watch that ruckus every single night, without fail, but now I couldn't care less. It irritates me. Isn't Stewart just kind of a douchebag now?

I mean, to be fair, I don't think it's possible to be a cable news pundit and not become a total douche, sooner rather than later. Rachel Maddow, for example, is a person I really dug when she was paired up with Pops Buchannan on MSNBC. But now she's got her own show and she's become almost as bad as Olbermann. Hannity, Lou Dobbs, Chris Matthews, the list goes on.

Jon Stewart, a pretty funny guy, has not been immune to this douchetastic phenomenon, even though he puts on the fake cable news. The Daily Show, i think, worked it's way up and at some point over the past couple of years, became the sort of voice and outlet for a very particular demographic. Realizing the newfound reach and cache of his show, Stewart's been getting more and more self-important and it's horrible. The Daily Show's always been overly mean-spirited but, at this point, it's become something else entirely. Stewart throws some misinformed nugget out there, makes it sound like a punchline, puts on silly face and the audience laughs. It's not even funny anymore. Stewart hides behind the hypocritical notion that he's simply pointing out the absurdities, yet whether he likes it or not, he's lumped himself in with all those ridiculous caricatures of real newsmen/women. They cherry pick out of context clips, laugh at them and then defend themselves by saying: hey, it's just a comedy show. That'd be all well and good if it were just some regular ol' comedy show, but it ain't

How say you?
Oh for Christ's sake not again.

Poking fun of the news media while having an opinion of his own. Subjective political humor on a POLITICAL COMEDY SHOW? What f*cking blasphemy.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote