Music Banter - View Single Post - Operation Ivy Homophobes
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
BTown
super cool

Wow, I really missed a lot, just woek up..

Back to what I was saying and to answer a few questions that were scattered amongst the fight with the mod and kid who posted "who cares if there homophobes" (although it does matter to me.

I am a huge Operation Ivy fan, I'm not bashing them in any way, I'd just like to know if Tim Armstrong is a homophobe or not, what brought me to ask this question is the fact Leftover Crack's song "*** Rude Boys" is an attack on Tim Armstrong and a parody of Unity ( an op ivy song), talking about how Operation Ivy states they are anti-racist, anti- homophobic and all that good stuff yet having a homophobe, Tim Armstrong, in there band.

So I am just trying to figure out if Tim Armstrong is truly a homophobe or if it's just a rumor, which would change how I look at tim Armstrong if he in fact is a homophobe due to the fact in the notes inside Op Ivy's album Energy , it states;

" Music is an indirect force for change, because it provides an anchor against human tragedy. In this sense, it works towards a reconciled world. It can also be the direct experience of change. At certain points during some shows, the reconciled world is already here, at least in that second, at that place. Operation Ivy was very lucky to have experienced this. Those seconds reveal that the momentum that drives a subculture is more important than any particular band. The momentum is made of all the people who stay interested, and keep their sense of urgency and hope.
—J."

And i think it's also pretty obvious that operation ivy is a big fan of equality thus contradicting Tim Armstrong if he really is a homophobe.

Last edited by BTown; 06-28-2009 at 03:52 PM.
BTown is offline   Reply With Quote