Music Banter - View Single Post - Worst Person Ever
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 04:41 PM   #123 (permalink)
khfreek
What a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayfarer View Post
Where are you getting this from?
The outright murder of innocent German citizens after WWII had been won. He killed innocents as easily as Hitler did.

Quote:
Not only is national discrimination repudiated by the ideology of Marxism-Leninism, but many of Stalin's associates were Jewish, and many of his friends and family were married to Jews, including both his son and daughter. Even if he were, somehow, a secret anti-semite, it's not as though he was lining Jews up against the wall and having them shot simply because they were Jewish.
A few points come to my mind here. For one, no one can follow an ideology flawlessly. Marxism says everyone should be equally wealthy, yet there was quite a few better off in Soviet Russia than most, such as Stalin. Also, Stalin's secretary before Lenin was dead attested to his anti-semitism. Now you bring up the point that he wasn't killing Jews just for their ethnicity. But you seem to think I care WHY people are killed. He killed millions of people, and even if he did so with less diabolical reasons in mind than Hitler, I believe the crime remains the same (proggyman made a good thead about Hate Crimes earlier that addresses that).

Quote:
Apparently you missed my first response.

"If you're referring to the gulag deaths, you must first understand that people were sent there only by virtue of serious crimes (treason, rape, murder, etc.), and secondly, that the overwhelming majority of the gulag deaths were a result merely of food shortages. If you're referring to the political executions, you must understand that, a) many of the purge claims were inflated, and b) many of these assassinations were carried out under the suspicion that the executed were Nazi collaborators and thus a colossal, looming threat to the revolutionary dictatorship of the proletariat."
So you're saying the ethnic groups were deported because of food shortages? And that somehow makes Stalin not a racist?

Quote:
Also, I believe it was evidence that was requested and not some unsourced cut-and-paste job from Wikipedia.
It's from Wikipedia. If you want to try and prove that it's NOT true, feel free. I'm not about to go through the MASSIVE LIST OF REAL SOURCES on the article to find the one that fits this argument.