Music Banter - View Single Post - NBA thread
Thread: NBA thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #631 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Sheed's the guy I think.

I've watched Sheed very closly as he's been in Detroit the past five years and though his game has dropped off, he's the perfect fir for the Cavs. The things he does well like shooting the three, rebounding, defending the post and on help side and hitting big shots are exactly what the Cavs were missing from the four position this year. A line-up of Mo Williams, D. West, Sheed, Shaq and Lebron looks very tough to stop. Keeping Varejo would be nice though too because you need a guy to eat minutes in the season as Sheed and Shaq ideally should only play 60-65 games and 32-36 minutes a night to stay fresh for the playoffs. It also sets up nice for Gibson and Sasha as the primary perimeter bench guys going forward.

The other good fit for Wallace is San Antonio; Matt Bonner thrived there next to the greatest power forward ever and Sheed does everything except get a sunburn better then him. He'd be playing the five in name as he did in Detroit but his role would be the same in as it would in Cleveland. Hit the open shot, defend the post (The Spurs interior D would be the best since Robinson\Duncan) and provide the veteran cool down the stretch.

The one place that needs Sheed the most won't ever get him. Orlando. Dwight Howard could learn so much from Sheed and he'd be the perfect compliment there as well, stretching the floor for Howard to work the offensive glass, defending the post to keep Dwight out of foul trouble and giving the Magic an occasional post up option who can actually shoot.

People make a big deal about the techs he gets, but having watched him for five years I can tell you it never once cost the Pistons a game so he can get all the T's he wants. I make whichever of those three teams gets Rasheed Wallace the top contender to knock off the champs.

What do you guys think Proggy, Dac, anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote