Music Banter - View Single Post - Vocaloid 1 and Vocaloid 2
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ricochet~kun
SO IS YOUR FACE

Default Vocaloid 1 and Vocaloid 2

This forum seemed to lack a thread for Vocaloid 1&2.
So here is everything I know about Vocaloid 1&2:
What is vocaloid?
Vocaloid is a virtual singer program, in other words, a program that synthesises realistic sounding vocals.
What is vocaloid's purpose?
Vocaloid, being computer made, while realistic, can't ever replace a real singer. So Vocaloid is mainly for single artists who cant sing, for backup vocals, for people who love hot anime girls, and personally I find it works well for trance vocals.
Wait... hot anime girls?
Yes, take a look at vocaloid 2. That brings us to another interesting face about Vocaloid 1&2. unlike most programs, Vocaloid 1 was more powerful and more realistic than its later version.
The various singers for Vocaloid 1 include:
Leon (mid quality, english)
Lola (mid quality, english) *Leon and lola are a matching pair
Miriam (high quality, english)
Sweet Ann (mid quality, english)
Meiko (very high quality, japanese)
Kaito (high quality, japanese)
and others. Vocaloid 1 costs $200 each.
The various (hot anime character series, Vocaloid 2) singers are put in a specific order:
01: Hatsune Miku (japanese)
02: Kagamire Rin&Len (japanese)
03: Megurine Luka (japanese, english)
i think there are other vocaloids past that, but they may not be released in america yet.
Other various vocaloid 2 singers:
Kamui Gakupo (japanese)
Megpoid (japanese... german, maybe?)
Prima (english)*
* Prima is an opera singer style vocaloid, and is usually used to translate the other Vocaloid 2's UIs into english.
Vocaloid 2 singers cost $160 each.
So how do I use Vocaloid?
MIDI files! You can write a midi file in Vocaloid or import an existing MIDI and add words to it. the program does the rest!
So, can I use a MIDI keyboard with Vocaloid?
No, you may not. for that to be possable you would have to type in words as you played the keyboard, so features like that were left out of the program
Just how realistic IS Vocaloid?
Vocaloid is top-of-the-line in realism, and you can add modifers such as:
Dynamics
Vibrato
Accents
Gender modifer (WOAH people... please do NOT make miku a dude!)
and more, but im too lazy to open vocaloid to check them all =P
why is Vocaloid 2 so WIERD? T_T
Simply put, because Vocaloid 1 is based on American culture, Vocaloid 2 is based on Japanese culture.
SO! Now that we know what vocaloid IS, lets listen to some hot anime girls singing, all of the following songs are sung by Vocaloid 1 or 2~
miku:

Miriam:

Leon:

Luka:

And the Climax of this post: Honey, with the highest quality Vocaloid, Meiko (orange cloths&hair), singing lead, also with Miku (greenish dual-ponytails), Rin&len (yellow haired twins), Kaito (blue hair dude), Neru (yellow ponytail), Haku (white hair), Chibi Meiko (little meiko), Fail Miku (please dont make me explain x.x), Tettu (i dont know much about her, she's the red pig-tail girl). I think thats all of them. Enjoy =D

All right, that pretty much sums it up.
If you have any questions at all, post them and I'll do my best to answer them ^^
(Side note: Vocaloid 1&2 are bought in like 15 parts each, one for each singer. they all cost over $100. with the exception of rin&len who come in a pack for $160, making them $80 individually)

Wait... why do you know so much about Vocaloid?
Because I've been using Vocaloid for several years now, and I've more or less figured out everything there is to know about the actualy program and manually converting MIDI files into vocals. I'm pretty sure that makes me a Vocaloidist. add it to the list:
Vocalist
Vocodist
Vocaloidist
And the whole point of me having the program?
Because its really fun for me to work with it, I'm actually in the middle of creating a custom vocaloid for myself! ^^ So if anyone wants/needs any vocal tracks, drop me a tab, I'll do what i can~

Last edited by Ricochet~kun; 06-29-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Ricochet~kun is offline   Reply With Quote