Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitarists: Let's see the weaponry
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #67 (permalink)
Rx Tone
Groupie

You hand built the Gold Top? Impressive.

How long did it take?
Is it a set neck? Long tenon or....?

What kind of wood is the body?

What kind of pattern did you use to cut the body? The cutaway looks like an epiphone.What's the body made of?

How hard was laying out the fretboard and sawing the fret slots? That seems pretty tricky.
How did you fret it? hammer or press? You did the inlay?..Are they MOP or abalone?

How hard was it to paint?

I don't do any refinishing or painting because I don't have a booth...and honestly I've never really been interested in that. I will occasionally shoot a maple fretboard with nitro if the owner wants it after a refret. I just use aerosol, though. I don't have a compressor or airbrush.

Tell me about installing the binding on the neck and body...I've restored a number of guitars that were damaged in hurricane Katrina and I learned to really enjoy installing binding...The tricky part is heating it up in order to make the bends...I use a pot of hot water.

I have a lot of pictures of guitar repairs I've done and some pics of my shop...I'll look around and see if I can get them organized and maybe post them ....somewhere.....

Love to see your shop.Got any pictures?
Rx Tone is offline   Reply With Quote