Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana
Thread: Nirvana
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Flower Child
Account Disabled

Yeah, I like Nirvana. I think Kurt has a voice that is appealing to alot of people, mainly to young-uns that liked his rebelious style and his pitchy unorthodox voice. I personally think Kurt was a lazy prick at times, that, once he got his fame, acted like an arrogant brat. I don't say this because he killed himself, I say this because I just loathed his personality. As far as music goes though, I really love his MTV Unplugged album, especially the song, Lake of Fire. I just can't watch the video, for seeing his personality in action.

As for Smells Like Teen Spirit, I think it just about as good as all of his other stuff. The only difference between this song and Nirvana's others is that this one got really popular. Its popular because it is a loud song full of energy and it was probably pretty awesome to all the kiddies when it first came out. But now it seems Nirvana fans do not believe it deserves all the praise it gets because they have made much better music than this. Well, I think its true that there are better songs than this, but this is usually the song that gets you interested and aware of Nirvana's style. I know this is the first song I heard when I was introduced to Nirvana. And because of this song, it got me looking into all their other stuff.
Flower Child is offline   Reply With Quote