Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Drummer
Thread: Best Drummer
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 12:19 PM   #840 (permalink)
lucifer_sam
Unrepentant Ass-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_override View Post
“It was loud, and I was never the best drummer. I was never technically very good—I taught myself how to play—and I just wanted to be heard and to make noise. I didn’t know what the difference was between a ride and a crash. When you’re playing punk rock and heavy rock as a kid with loud guitars, there were a lot of areas where in between riffs where the music would breathe, and I didn’t want to hear that little ping-y sound. When you ping on the ride, it’s almost like playing a note on the guitar, and when you crash on the ride, it’s like playing a power chord on the guitar. So I just kind of filled up some space.” - Brant Bjork (on record)

Another overrated multi-instrumentalist wannabee. Happened to be in a cool as **** band for a while but that doesn't make him better than Dave Grohl. Or even close for that matter.
wait, you're talking about Grohl now, right?

because you're an idiot if you think Bjork wasn't an integral part of the songwriting core of Kyuss. he wrote or co-wrote at least half of Kyuss' first three albums alongside Homme, he got more songwriting credits than Garcia ever did. and it was the absence of Bjork that drove the band to seek alternative berths for their creative output.