Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Greatest Bass Players in Rock/Pop
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #35 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

I'd say it's a pretty darn good list and a great addition to the site. Be curious to know which are your personal favorite top five and least favorite that put on the list out of respect.

I am very partial to Jack Bruce myself and prefer both he and Entwhsitle to the pure playing of JP Jones. Jone's greatest contribution was more his understanding of how the different parts worked and fit together.

Was really happy to see the Vanilla Fudge original Tim Bogert too, Jeff Beck said he'd have made a legendary lead guitarist if he'd wanted to be one. Martin Turner was another important one to put on the list I think and was glad to see him included.

Obviously you have to go with the Live album with Berry Oakley but he's outstanding on the follow up "Eat a Peach" where he and the whole band raised their game after the loss of Duane Allman and would ultimately be Oakley's last too.

One omission that I hoped to so but could understand not including is Bruce Palmer the former Buffalo Springfield and occasional CSN(Y) member.

Thanks for putting this together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline   Reply With Quote