Music Banter - View Single Post - Blur
Thread: Blur
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_nothing View Post
Same could be said about Oasis. Oasis are ok I think Noel is a good guitar player and a funny guy, but he's songwriter is so boring. I also find it pretty annoying that you can't bring up Blur without talking about Oasis, they sound almost nothing alike. And I don't know where all this Girls & Boys hate is coming from, it's called a catchy chorus. And if youre going to criticize it you could atleast get the lyrics right its "girls who are boys who like boys to be girls who do boys like they're girls who do girls like they're boys'.

Noel's songwriting is boring but he's a good guitarist? I think you have that the other way round, his guitar playing is average, I think he has good lyrics, some of it a bit football terracey.. they aren't the best band by a long long long way, but they're one that I grew up with and are one of my favourites.

Oh, and I brought Oasis and Blur up because I was reading a thread called Damon Albarn vs Noel Gallagher.

Girls and Boys is a fucking awful song. Katy Perry Hot and Cold is catchy, like many songs, doesn't mean it's any good. Although to reiterate I don't totally dislike Blur and I like Graham Coxon as a guitarist.
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote