Music Banter - View Single Post - Guitarists: Let's see the weaponry
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 10:43 PM   #73 (permalink)
yes yes oh yay
Groupie

Ive play a new(ish) American Standard strat, black body, maple neck, maple fingerboard and white pickguard but im changing that to a black one soon. I also put a seymour duncan 'hot rails' in the bridge to make it more versatile.

It plays very smooth (it is a strat so thats a given really) and the hot rails gives it a sweet humbucker tone without the weight of a standard humbucker equipped guitar eg les paul. Ive got the tremolo set right forward for more stable tuning but i dont use it much anyway.

I run it through a fender deluxe which is 40w and sounds great turned up. great reverb on it aswell. I run that through an orange 4x12 quadbox which really boosts the bottom end and sounds massive. plus orange stuff looks great aswell!

Ive got a marshall delay pedal which is crap (like most marshall pedals) so im looking to get a boss giga delay because im a fan of big delays and the like. Also got a boss-ds1 distortion (classic pedal) russian built big muff, dunlop hendrix wah, mxr stereo chorus and a small stone.

Dont have any pics of the setup as im in a different city to it all at the moment (sad). But it sounds (and looks) great.
yes yes oh yay is offline   Reply With Quote