Music Banter - View Single Post - Michael Jackson has died...cardiac arrest
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2009, 11:00 PM   #224 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Rate MJ Albums

Off The Wall ****
Fantastic album, for the basslines alone. The album song for song is probably my favorite album. They blend together nicely, the instrumentals are much more real than anything else MJ ever did. 'Rock With You' and 'Get on The Floor' are the standouts for me.

Thriller ***1/2

MJ's most overrated album by far. The hits carry this one. Every thing else, like Janszoon said, is filler. The hits are among the best ever made though. Also, I heard somewhere that this album sold like a lot of copies or something. So I guess it's good in that right. Billie Jean and Beat It are must have tracks.

Bad *****

So how do you follow up the most popular album in modern music? You one up that ****, that's how. Michael does exactly that on Bad, his most hard-rocking album to date, featuring more electric guitars and electric piano parts reminicent of Beat It and Billie Jean. By following the formula that worked on Thriller and throwing out most of the Filler, MJ produced his most treasured masterpiece. Dirty Diana, Man in The Mirror, and Smooth Criminal are outstanding tracks.

Dangerous ***1/2

It's been said that had this album would have been the album of the year, had it been released one year earlier. The rise of Nirvana and 90's alternative had ransacked the charts and MTV. This marked the down-turn of MJ's popular career, several solid tracks grace this album, unfortunately they just weren't as well received as his last 3 efforts. This album still, is must have MJ material. Jam and Black or White are stand out tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".