Music Banter - View Single Post - Gift From Me To You Series
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Artist: Blue Sky Black Death With Hell Razah
Album: Razah's Ladder
Year: 2007

This was my first experience with Blue Sky Black Death and unless you're a big fan of instrumental hip hop albums, I think this may be the only album from these guys a large majority of the people will like. This is a collaboration album with Kingston Maguire and Ian Taggart who make up Blue Sky Black Death and rapper Hell Razah. The beats and Hell Razah's flow work evenly with each other, and there is a lot of symbolism throughout the album, the most obvious being the album title. I found myself spinning this album quite a lot this weekend and decided it would be the best one to share, that is until sidewinder sent me Crying Over Pros For No Reason by edIT.

Artist: edIT
Album: Crying Over Pros For No Reason
Year: 2004

I started to get into edIT back at the beginning of the year when I was sent his 2008 more dance orientated album Certified Air Raid Material. When sidewinder sent me Crying Over Pros For No Reason I assumed that it would be more of the what I heard before, but my god I was wrong. This album is far more laid back and doesn't feature any guest vocals like Certified Air Raid Material did. The only vocals you'll hear on the album is the occasional sampling done. The most amazing thing about this album is that even though it's an instrumental, it still keeps your attention the same way it would if there were vocals. You find yourself actually listening to the sounds and trying to anticipate what's going to happen next. That's the other thing that I love, you can never really prepare yourself for what's next, there's no real formula to the song, no real repeat. All thanks go to sidewinder for this one, he's the man that sent it to me upon my request on Sunday. Oh yeah, if you've never heard edIT before and start checking your computer after the first song, don't worry it's suppose to sound like that, it's called glitch-hop for a reason.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote