Music Banter - View Single Post - Flower Child's
Thread: Flower Child's
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 12:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower Child View Post
SONG: Come Mek We Run
ARTIST: Pablo Moses
ALBUM: Revolutionary Dream

I discovered this beauty in Jackhammer's Reggae Intro thread, and it has been in my 2nd favorite song of all time ever since. It was one of those songs where I listened to the first 3 seconds and was in love with.

The beginning...oh.....what beginning. That opening (trumpet?) has this vintage-y exotic quality about it. I can't get enough of it, its so original. And during that time they throw in all of these high pitched (guitar?) whines which complements the slow laziness of trumpets beautifully and gives it that great reggae sound. Just when you get in the groove (which is inevitable) Pablo Moses sings out "Run run run run...run.....run..." I love how he draws them out at the end, and his next few lines are so full of beautful little details like the soft "yea ha ha" he gives after a few lines and also the short and quick percussion parts add so much. Its little things like that really get me into the groove of the song. During most of it, I have no idea what he is saying or what any of it means. There are alot of Jamaican words that are intermixed with the lyrics that make it hard to get a good grasp of the meaning, but I don't even think understanding it is neccessary for this song. Its beautiful rhythm and slow sensuality makes it a wonderful song to dance to. If you want it, you can get it off of my compilation a few pages back.
Nice review. If you want to hear music with a Reggae vibe but has that sensual vibe then you really should listen to Fat Freddy's Drop, Trinity Roots and The Black Seeds.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote