Music Banter - View Single Post - Downloading your music vs buying your music
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 03:33 PM   #127 (permalink)
Our Heliophobic Sun
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldSays View Post
I know what you're saying and I don't disagree but that wasn't my point. My point was that I'd like to support especially bands like that by buying their albums instead of downloading. And it's also about killing the market. Of course I download stuff as well but when I like an album I put it on my list and will buy it in the end.
Ok, then I did not understand you good, sorry. I am not against the fact that bands make money though, and I am not too bad of a person to give them money, but I am against it if it is only about the money. The most music I like is, in the general public, quite unknown. The people I was aiming at were not in these bands, too. As I said, if an artist gets all upset about people downloading their album, I won't download it, especially when the band in question makes enough money anyways.
I did, however, pay for the recording of an album by a band that was broke (you had to order and pay the album in advance, and there were enough albums in total to cover the total costs if every album was bought). I did that because, for this band, I knew it was not about getting richer themselves, they really wanted to record that album and wanted to show it to the world, and if you can't pay the recording of it, I am more than glad to help a band that I like with that if the band has these intentions. This is not to put myself in a better daylight, though. This is to show that there are bands who aren't trying to be as rich as they can, but just want to let their music being heard by the public.
But if you go and make an album trying to get as much sales as you can, I say you aren't doing it for the good reason. Before the public, before the fans, before the critics, it is important that you yourself stand behind the music and what it says. If you are making an album to get sales, you are putting your own opinion aside.
Our Heliophobic Sun is offline   Reply With Quote