Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bass thread
Thread: The Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:18 PM   #82 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Well, I did take up the bass because I failed at the guitar.

For me, the problem with guitar was all about chords. I couldn't play them.

So bass is a more natural fit for me. You just play scales and individual notes, that's a lot easier to learn, though it's still a bitch to master, especially when rhythm comes into play.

I wish I had more confidence in my ability to learn, I don't practice nearly as much as I should.
yeah but you also stand as one of the more 'unique' people i've come across on the net. coming from me that puts you WAY out there hahaha

as for bass being just scales and notes, yes and no. you can't really chug power chords the same way as you do on a guitar but it's still a viable option when you're playing on the top 2 strings. playing a full chord arpeggio on a bass also sounds really really nice especially if you find a way to incorporate a ringing open string or harmonic into the mix.

personally i enjoyed practicing my guitar far more than my bass. playing with people is where i really developed my bass playing chops. i know it's easier said than done but if you can manage to find your way into a 'good' improv session it'll do wonders for your playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote