Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bass thread
Thread: The Bass thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

i just want to say that i play both, and the way that i play on guitar, i almost entirely mimic when i'm playing bass. i mean there are a few differences, i.e. barre chords/slapping popping, but for the most part i like extended fingerpicking and improvising as well as use of triad forms and open notes too. for me, it's not about what's "easier", but how i could get a different tone and sound as well as be a bit of a new challenge each time.

one thing i realized when i started playing bass for my band was how in that genre i fit better as a bassist than as a guitarist. not so much that it's easier or anything, but because when playing guitar, i hate to be confined in things like strumming power chords for the majority of the song, and like i said before with im usually improvising or trying to use different chord forms. i found that that fit alot better with bass, because i could add things to the song my own way.

oh and boo boo, joining a band or even jamming with others can help you ALOT, because you can share ideas with musicians and learn how to work with a group musically.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote