Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Book Club
Thread: MB Book Club
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Son of JayJamJah
Occams Razor

Well looks like a few folks forgot, but overall good start, I enjoyed reading the few responses we had.

I love the story and think it does a wonderful job of taking a satirical look at the caulty concept of absolute equality. The beautifully surreal notion of everyone being special and the resounding thud of hypocrisy. Still their is a sort of unmatched cynicism throughout which rears it's most undeniably in the final scene when the Inspector General restores order and everyone forgets what just happened.

The 1984 comparison is a common one, it's describe as Orwellian, but unlike George, Kurt has a wit about him that disarms rather then instigates.

Vonnegut is fantastic reading, I especially recommend God Bless You Mr. Rosewater to the previously uninitiated.

I would like Shiseido Red to make the next selection if there are no objections...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread