Music Banter - View Single Post - Climate Change - Fact or Fiction?
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Default Climate Change - Fact or Fiction?

I want to get a debate going on why or why not people think climate change is or isn't occurring.

The fact is that temperatures are actually cooling in many places in the world with data sets used for scientific studies not collaborating with repeated studies. There is no evidence to suggest that scientists 'for' the climate change theory have taken into account that cities have grown in the past 100 years dramatically, which would in turn increase the warming such as from the use of air conditioning. Funnily enough scientist's studies are often only focus on urban areas which are lined with statistical uncertainties, whereas they could be focusing on rural areas to determine the effectual changes with temperature over time.

I propose that there is a possibility that we are slowly heading into a glacial cycle (cooling period) and out of an interglacial cycle (warming period), which would explain the temperature decreases in the past decade.

If anyone finds this topic really interesting I highly recommend you read Air Con - A seriously inconvient truth about global warming by Ian Wishart.