Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Greatest Bass Players in Rock/Pop
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #54 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
did you hear the shit Jimi pulled on him though? after telling Noel exactly what to play and how to do it in studio, he'd complain about the take and say he did it wrong. when Noel got pissed and walked out of the studio Jimi would record the bass parts himself.

i could see why he acted like someone peed in his cheerios.
oh yeah, same with having a bunch of beggars and hangers-on partying in the studio when they're supposed to be having a recording session. same as just going ahead and recording overdubs when he felt like it (like the middle vamp in 'if 6 was 9')

Jimi was no saint but he was one hell of a musician. take him out of the picture and no one would have a clue who Noel Redding was. i get the impression there was a lot of passive aggressive tension in the studio, hendrix seemed to want (and be capable) of doing just about all of it himself. i figure things would have been smoother within the group had Redding only been hired to fill the role on stage instead of in the studio as well.

at the same time i wasn't even close to born at that point so i'm really just speculating hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote