Music Banter - View Single Post - Review Music That Other People Gave You
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Default Review Music That Other People Gave You

now i know there most people here take great care and pride in choosing their albums and music, but there are those times when someone gives you a CD, asking you to check out a group or an artist and you say "eh, what the hell?".

well in this thread what we do is take a piece of music that was given to you by someone, whether it be a friend/family member, aquaintance, or someone here, and review it. it can be good or bad, i'd like to see your opinions on this kind of stuff.

i'll start:

Ozzy Osbourne-Blizzard of Ozz

i got this from one of my high school friends a few years ago, one of those "Omg Randy RHOADS!!" guys who sh*ts himself off the riff to Crazy Train. well i expected to only mildly enjoy this at best, but this album is just great. not only was it one hell of a breakout for Ozzy Osbourne, as i said before this is the definative release for ex-Quiet Riot axman Randy Rhoads. he tears up the fretboard, but in a good way. he also shows a bit of clssical training in his 40 second piece "Dee". It's worth saying that this is a truly enjoyable album and that it shouldn't be written off as a great deal of wankery and self inflatedness. This is something that deserves a listen from everyone.

8/10

Favorite Tracks: Crazy Train, Goodbye to Romance, Dee, Mr. Crowley

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote