Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Greatest Bass Players in Rock/Pop
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 10:01 PM   #59 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
but you had a player who was confident enough in his playing and didn't have to lurk in the shadows.
It's not lurking in the shadows, it is called a bass, and it has low tones. Some bass players like flat wound other like round wound and signal processors, rergardless how it sound it what the bass player is doing, I don't think anyone in the world could of filled Noe's shoes, and still have the same recording, another bass player would play it differently. I think the only solution is to have Jimi Hendrix and Noel Redding mentioned with Billy Cox.

There's no crime of being a guitar player before picking up bass, other guitar players that switched to bass:
5. Paul McCartney
25. Carol Kaye
35. Paul Simonon

I don't know why Nick Lowe is left off the list, awesome bass player, and producer, and had a lasting effect on music imo because of it.

I can understand why you didn't have Dave Smythe, Bruce Foxton, and Andrew Bodnar, it's such obvious anti-British sentiment, that it needs no explaination.

But I don't get why Joe Osborn is not the list, because you topped the list with a session musician, I thought you would know them all.
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote