Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Grunge Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #552 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsy View Post
It may have been their MTV album but Superunknown is still an almighty album nonetheless IMO... such a shame what happened to Chris Cornell... we should just drop the"ell" from the end of his name and place a "y" there...
i used to think that way until i checked out a recent interview clip by him. musically he's gone to pot, this much is true. but the man also had some throat surgery after soundgarden disbanded, his vocal range has never been the same. then again, he was a screamer, not a singer back in the day, he would destroy his vocal chords every night. you really expect someone to be able to do that for 30 years?

what really got me in the interview is how he described his musical progression. he never wanted to re-hash the past. the SG albums all moved forward, right up until the end and they all realized it and ended it before it was too late. he still acknowledges SG as the greatest and most special of his musical endeavors and would rather not taint that memory.

so now he's wanting to try his hand at being a hit in the clubs or something. whatever. the man has 3 daughters - university is expensive hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote