Music Banter - View Single Post - An Ideal God
Thread: An Ideal God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Astronomer
we are stardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veridical Fiction View Post
You know something... I can't really blame people for their belief in their gods. My parents are Christian and always make it a point to tell me every time something good has happened, it's because god did it. I know my dad got paid 200 dollars for cutting some grass, but if he want's to believe it was a blessing from god, then that's fine.
Meanwhile, I'm sitting there thinking, "You got 0 dollars to your name, you're struggling because you're waiting for god to bless you, then when you're at the end of your rope, you cut some guy's grass for 200 dollars of labor, and he gives you 200 dollars.... well done, Jesus."
But he's happy because I guess faith is easier to swallow than responsibility.
Whatever puts a smile on your face, pop.
I feel the same about a lot of people in my life who have faith in God or a particular God. I don't blame them. I was recently in hospital quite sick and when I finally came home my Nonna (Italian grandma hehe) told me that I got better because she prayed to God for me. I don't believe in God but I could see how satisfied and happy she was with this idea. A lot of my family and friends follow the idea of a God because I guess it makes them happy, and for that I don't blame them.