Music Banter - View Single Post - An Ideal God
Thread: An Ideal God
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:56 AM   #19 (permalink)
SATCHMO
Al Dente

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I'm not rejecting God on the grounds the world is imperfect. War and relationships are similar? maybe so, but one ends bloody. The other, usually ends with a few tears, a few drinks, time on your own and you find someone else. I can see what you're saying with them having the same principles, but relationships build character and teach you a lesson. Millions dying in a war, it may teach you a lesson. But it's too much heartbreak and suffering. A young lad going off to fight in world war 1, get's killed, the parents of said boy are in bits, lost and heartbroken because their boy fought a war in which towards the end, they didn't even know why they were fighting. Playing football in nomans land. If pain is simply here to teach you lessons and strengthen you, why have 2 things that are similar such as relationships ending and war? why not just have the relationships ending to build character. Asking for a perfectly sterile world isn't impossible if God created everything. God created cancer, why?
This is really just the human perception of duality. What we perceive as suffering is really our own personal attachment to what we deem as good, and our own personal resistance to either its lack or the introduction of what we perceive as evil.
Cancer causes pain and death. two very essential components of pleasure and life. I don't know why God created cancer. Why did he create hangnails for that matter?
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote