Music Banter - View Single Post - Fights
Thread: Fights
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 02:59 AM   #93 (permalink)
walkin' dude
Better the Devil you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Cobain
^Yep thats why its so great. It gets ripped because its not 'traditional' but its the most effective out their so I don't understand why the martial arts association knock it, but hey nevermind.
Its because the traditional martial arts have been around for thousands of years, they don't like change or anything new. About the only new martial art that has broke out recently is Krav Maga (I say recently compared to nearly all over fighting systems). Jeet kune do is not widespread enough but I suppose thats because not enough martial artists are taking it up. The training I talked about in my previous post, one of the guys I trained with was a black belt at tae kwon do, but as all of us where, he does what you'd say is "mixed martials". Another lad I trained with for a short while did a bit of wing chun, escrima, boxing, grappling and judo. That guy was s**t hot.
As for myself I used to train in ju jistu, Muay thai (and boxing), grappling and tanto-jitsu (knife fighting). I haven't trained for about 3 years now though.
I'm not in s**t shape (physically fit, I mean, I'm not fat) and slow as hell now (due to smoking for 5 years), oh, and all my foot works gone to s**t too.
walkin' dude is offline   Reply With Quote