Music Banter - View Single Post - Most overrated bands ever?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 01:41 PM   #2531 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadead2 View Post
I also don't believe that sounding "teenaged" or "adolescent" is something to be admired. Rock's whole mythology of refusing to grow up is an ugly one. I look for maturity in music. I do enjoy some "childlike" music as well (twee pop, indie pop etc.) because it recaptures a feeling of innocence and simplicity in life, but adolescent music (which includes most trad punk as well as later bands like Dinosaur Jr.) lacks both that simplicity and innocence, and the control and discipline of more mature music. In some cases, adolescent music can work because it captures a very visceral, raw, intense feeling, which is why I can enjoy some of it despite my misgivings (examples I have given include the Troggs and Rites of Spring) but the Sex Pistols were actually no where near as visceral as they are made out to be.
I like mature and immature music alike. I do hate all the people who say "you can't have rock n roll unless it's immature, primitive and stupid" but more the same I'm also annoyed by people who think great lyrics or virtuoso musicianship is a bare necessity.

Thing is, I have those days where I can listen to Larks Tongues in Aspic or Tales From Topographic Oceans and rub my chin like the pretentious f*ck that I am, and then afterwards, I might crank up some Fear.

My house smells just like a zoo
It's chock full of shit and puke
Cokroaches on the walls
Grass growing on my balls
oh well im so clean cut
and I just want to fuck some slut

AHHHHHHHH LUUUUUUUUV LIVING IN THE CITEH!!!

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.