Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Radiohead Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #2419 (permalink)
sweet_nothing
Da Hiphopopotamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadead2 View Post
Why would they do that after recording one of the most intense, ugliest, most powerful songs of their career?
If by 'powerful' you mean awful, then yes it is one of their most 'powerful' songs and I don't know I thought they wanted to be successful in making good music, guess not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dac View Post
Nuh-uh, you only have like 5k Radiohead listens
Here's another problem I have with Radiohead is their fucking fans, yes you reader I'm talking about YOU. They are almost as snobby and pretentious as the band themselves. "Oh I listen to Radiohead there for my taste in music far exceeds yours, what's that in your hand a Tool album? HA what did pitchfork give that? Radiohead have two albums that they gave 10/10's to and all their other albums are 9/10, a band like Tool wishes they could be as experimental as Radiohead" Radiohead fans are incredibly annoying in this snobbish sense and belittle the rest of us because we are able to see past the band's faux avant-grade sound to see the band for what they really are. A gloomy version of Coldplay and softer version of hard rockers Muse. Both Muse and Coldplay know their weak points (they both write shit songs) but they also know their strong points Muse is good at making pseudo prog rock/pop that'll have a small army of teenage boys imitating their sound in their bedrooms and Coldplay is good at making soft alternative that'll get an arena of 12000 morons singing along. Both bands know what they are and sticks to it where Radiohead seems to have a personality crisis on every album. Post grunge, alternative britpop, whatever the hell Kid A and it's b-sides Amnesiac are (other than crap), whatever the hell Hail to the Thief is (I like the title though, yes you do have fans that seem to worship you even though you con them out of their money for some Kid A/The Bends bastard child that has a fondness for piano ballads), and the sound of flatulence that is In Rainbows. I'm guessing after it was recorded they sat around and thought "not even our fans are dense enough to enjoy this what will we do? I guess post it on the internet and hope people are kind enough to pay for it (they did never said how much money they made did they?).
Quote:
Originally Posted by chartsengrafs View Post
sweet nothing openly flaunts the fact that he is merely the empty shell of an even more unadmirable member. his loneliness and need for attention bleeds through every letter he types. edit: i would just like to add that i'm ashamed that he's from texas. surely you didn't grow up in texas, did you sweet nothing?
sweet_nothing is offline   Reply With Quote