Music Banter - View Single Post - Post pics of your car systems
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 09:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
crash_override
Seemingly Silenced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post

Thats actually a pretty sweet setup there man. You running 2 seperate amps to that? Like one 4-channel for the door speakers and a D-Block for the subs? How are you getting your power? DO you have a capacitor? is so how big?

In my old car I ran 2 Inifnity Kappa Perfect 10's on an Infinity 1211a 1500 W D-Block. Pioneer door speakers (6x9's & 4x6's) and an Infinity 50x4 Amp on those. The sound was great but my power was a pain in the ass. So I ran a 30 farad cap and a Yellow top battery and never had any issues after that. Except for the rear view mirror falling off every couple days or so, which was an inconvienence.

Also, how do you have those dual front speakers crossed-over? Are you using bass blockers, a tweeter, or just EQ-ing at the amp? They didn't look like componets to me, component are definately the way to go. They take more power but your highs sound much better. It takes a long time to get the sound you want, not to mention money, thats if you're an audiophile like me. The slightest rattle or or peaking sound and im back tweaking and foaming my car. But of course if you just want loud, thats alot easier. P.S. Alpine is the way to go on Subs/Amps, if I ever did it again I would use almost all alpine stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEY
"Never trust your own eyes, believe what you are told".
crash_override is offline   Reply With Quote